Careers / Senior Software Engineer – North America
Location: El Segundo, CA
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Date Posted: 8/2015
We are looking for a software engineer like YOU!
We are seeking talented, energetic engineers like yourself to develop and architect the future of our NFV and SDN platform. If you find the following descriptions match what you’re looking for, we want to talk to you further.
- You are a software engineer with a passion for Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Networking (SDN) concepts and are equally excited about the myriad of possibilities of an open and programmable network.
- You’ve built and managed networks for performance and scalability.
- You are passionate about not just the network but the applications that run on it and can clearly articulate the benefits of an application-centric infrastructure.
- You constantly look for opportunities to automate for maximum efficiency.
- You consider yourself “Agile” in nature and “waterfall” is a word from the past.
- You consider communication (inter-personal as well as written) is the key to success for every software team.
- You enjoy evaluating and deploying the latest technologies turning the old way of doing things upside down.
- You’d like to use your experience in development and operations to create a game-changing transformation delivering the benefits of the NFV and SDN to the enterprise.
- Experience with Object oriented design, data modeling and algorithms.
- Experience with Linux based application development and deployments.
- Excellent understanding of Git, and its workflows.
- Understand the complete software development lifecycle from design, build, test, and deploy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of the TCP/IP stack.
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing platforms such as OpenStack and hypervisor technologies such as KVM, Xen and vmware.
- Experience with network devices (routers, switches, load balancers) and a good understanding of network routing protocols.
- Knowledge of NFV, SDN, OpenStack & SDN Controller concepts.
- Excellent working experience with SQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Good experience with NOSQL databases such as MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.
About ClearPath Networks
Founded in 2002, ClearPath Networks is a privately held California based value driven innovator, led by a team of highly experienced telecommunications, software, and information technology professionals.
ClearPath enables Tier 1 CSPs & managed network service providers to deliver cloud-managed network services for both on premise hardware and cloud-based virtual environments. ClearPath has been steadfast in maintaining an exclusive focus on solving the challenges of managing massively distributed endpoints for next generation network operators who are seeking to leverage virtualized service platforms on their cloud infrastructure.
Our Virtual Network Services Platform (VSP) is leveraged by service providers worldwide to deliver a range of software defined wide area network services to their highly distributed, enterprise customers. Today our team who is distributed across North America, Europe and Asia has delivered services to over 3,000 companies in over 60 countries, across every industry vertical.
If you like this description, you’ll love this job. We want you to help us get much better at what we do. Want to know more? Contact us. firstname.lastname@example.org